Thursday

Ribbons, Ribbons & More Ribbons

Oh how I love pretty vintage ribbons....sometimes I want them all neat and grouped by color.....sometimes inspiration comes from having them all jumbled up in a pretty crystal bowl. Either way I am happy....Old ribbons can be hard to find at flea markets and antique shops however you can always find them online. Here are a few of my recent ribbon purchases, some very vintage, some vintage inspired.

Light Pink/Chocolate Reversible Matte Satin from The Ribbon Jar. You will find quality ribbons and trims in fabulous colors. Everything from classic to fun and funky in velvet. That is 25 yds of pure heaven!

French style silk embroidered ribbon ~ soft organza in Light Peach ~ Silk embroidered with lovely spider roses in light ivory, antique white and light peach from Threaditions.

Silk embroidered French Victorian ~ twin daisies in Azalea pink and light pink on Azalea pink ribbon ~ Hand-embellished with Aurora Borealis seed beads from Treaditions.

Silk Bias cut ribbon in Pink Marble Splatter and Herb Garden ~ Rayon in Beach Glass, Meadow, Fruit Punch and Tie Dye ~ Cotton Twill in Spring Blush and Old Rose from Carma. A wonderful selection of fabrics and trims all hand dyed.

A wonderful surprise package of beautiful ribbons and trims Carolyn from Carma included with my recent order.

Can you say Vintage? My friend Debra recently shared a wonderful online source for ribbons, Les' Bon Ribbon. I couldn't resist the Vintage Lime Green/Natural Scalloped, Lemonade Swiss Dots, Cream White/Pale Pink Reversible Woven Dots, Vintage Natural/Pink and the Brown/Pink/Lt Pink/Tan/White Woven Jacquard.

I have been busy creating and you will see many of these ribbons in upcoming projects.

Until then....if you know of a fantastic ribbon source I would love to check them out.

Debbie

3 comments:

She Talks to Angels said...

oh debbie! these ribbons are to die for! i am going to have to check out the links!

Amy Huff said...

Next to glitter, vintage ribbon is my second favorite art supply and pretty inspiration! You've got some gorgeous ribbon going on here. Pink and chocolate has to be one of my favorite combinations.

Erika Tysse said...

Thanks for reminding me that there is no place here in Norway that carries fantastic ribbon! Gosh, I miss that!