Friday

Recipe Sharing

Looking for something new or different to carry to your next pot luck? Want your friends and family to rave about the dessert you brought? Me too!!!

Here's a Yummy recipe my sister recently shared with me. Hope you enjoy it.

Pumpkin Gooey Bars

Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling
1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1-15 oz can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1-16 oz box powder sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Pre heat oven 350

Combine the cake mix, eggs, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.

Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40-45 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.

Serve with fresh whipped cream!!

Until next time. . .Enjoy your dessert, create and have FUN.

Debbie



3 comments:

Izabella Blue said...

mmmmm....this sounds yummy! have to try it this weekend~

vicci said...

Hi Debbie....I have been reading your blog, and I too, am lost in anything and everything vintage (and then some)! I also have tons of recipes of all kinds...are you looking for anything in particular? Would you like to do a trade of vintage goodies..(a mixture) and recipes???? There would be no rush.....check out my blog at moonstarsandpaper.blogspot.com
Let me know about the trade...Thanks, Vicci
PS...the pumpkin bars are yummy!

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious!! I wish I had found this recipe a few days ago when we had our brief cold spell and I was able to get into the baking mood! (I live in South Texas and 3 days later we are back to 80+ degrees!) I tried a new gingerbread recipe, but it didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped. Maybe after the holidays, we will get another cold breeze and I will be able to try again. Thanks for sharing!