Tuesday

Flea Market Finds

On our drive to Georgia, I spotted so many flea markets and antique shops and was lucky enough to have one of them about 20 minutes from our new home. Needless to say I have made many stops at that shop since our move. On one of my recent stops I found I few things that had my name on them.


This newspaper is The Boston Daily Globe from Wednesday, July 28, 1897. The pages are so brittle on the outside, but inside it is really not too bad.


Here is a 1893, 100 Ft Metallic Tape Measure from The Lufkin Rule Co in great shape and it works.....Yes! It still works....The little winding mechanism works perfectly.

This wonderful stack of antique sheet music is full of the late 1800 and early 1900's, including The Etude, a music magazine dated September 1913. Many of the sheets are extremely worn and torn, but I am already finding they are perfect for my artwork. Lost among the sheets were even some scores of music that had been done by hand.


This little cigar box was found at another Antique Shop that I just happened upon a few weeks ago. It was sitting in the floor under a bookcase and was filled with old bottles. It is very worn, but once I emptied it and picked it up....The rest was history.

I have sad news.....The shop that is so close to me....The one I stop at everytime I go by if they are open....Is going out of business. I was so sadden to hear this....I think of it as loosing a very special friend. I will miss my little stops and it will be hard to drive by, but I will be on the look out for another one just as special as this one.

Until next time....I'm back to my art! Yes, I am creating again and will share with you very soon.

Debbie

No comments: