Tuesday

Senior Fun

We are enjoying all of the activities that come along with being a Senior so I have had very little time to create. My time will come again, but for now I am enjoying KC's last days of high school.

It was "Hoop and Hollar" at the high school this morning. Cap and Gowns were delivered and at 8:00 the soon to be grads marched through the hallowed halls of BCHS letting the entire school know that the big bad class of 2007 is about to GRADUATE! Do you know how loud 150+ kids can be hooping and hollaring? LOUD!!!! I was there along with a dozen or so other moms clicking their camera as they went from one hall to the other.

KC (middle) with a few of her friends.


This past Friday was "Disney Grad Nite 2007" an all-night party at Walt Disney World for seniors only. From 8 pm to 4 am they had Unlimited access to the Magic Kingdom® attractions including Space Mountain®, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain®, The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and more! Live music!
The Fray, Cassie, Cartel, and Cheskob. Dance Parties everywhere.

KC and friends after dancing at the All-Suds Foam Dance Zone.

KC - Always ready for the camera and having fun!!!


KC & Zach - Senior Prom.

I did spend some time at the local hardware store this past weekend purchasing several things for a project I am working on as time permits and have been playing with some wonderful old letters, photos and buttons that were recently given to me. One of KC's friends mom came by a few weeks ago and we had a wonderful visit. A few days later KC came home with a package that Janna's mom had sent me.....wonderful old buttons to add to my collection. And then on Prom night we had several of the girls and their dates meet here before heading off to Prom and in comes Janna with not one but two bags of things her mom had sent me.

Some of the buttons came from Karen's mother and her grandmother plus some she had picked up at an antique shop. The photos are all really old from tiny to 11 x 14. There was a huge stack of papers, but the stack of letters you can see in the center of photo was the best. This stack of letters was the correspondence between a Dr. Campbell in South Carolina and Miss Eula of Georgia. They were married October 20, 1915 and opened a drug store/soda fountain in Nahunta just up the highway from me. These letters were found in the house they lived in which Karen's relatives live in now. They gave the collection of letters and photos to Karen's mother. I can't wait for Karen to see what I am working on using some of the treasures she has shared with me.

Until next time.....off to another senior activity, then it's back to work on my project. Please remember us here in Southeast Georgia. The wildfires continue to cause more damage. The smoke has been rather heavy here again today and this morning we actually had ashes on the vehicle.

Debbie

No comments: